Teaching Kids Their Phone Number: Free iPhone Printable

I drew up this iPhone graphic today to help my kids memorize and practice dialing my phone number. We only use cell phones these days so I thought the iPhone graphic was appropriate since that's what I've taught them to make out going calls on in case of an emergency.

Make sure your kids can recognize the word "EMERGENCY" on your phone since you don't have to go all the way to the keypad to dial 911.

Keep in mind, it is also important that they know their address, because when you call 911 from a cell phone that is the first thing the dispatcher will ask you. I would assume they might be able to figure out where you are via GPS or something, but kids should know their address anyway so why not prep them in case they have to be a hero and make the call! 


The printable above includes the numbers on the keypad, but I left them off of the following for additional writing practice...


It is really important to keep repeating the number out loud so that they can repeat it to someone if they ever get lost. I made sure my son knew my phone number by heart long before he could recognize and write numbers. This printable reinforced the number for him, gave him an idea of what it would be like to dial it, and gave him some extra number writing/recognition practice!

Since my daughter isn't quite there with her writing skills yet, I simply filled in the numbers for her and had her practice dialing them over, and over, and over.

Here are a few different ways you can use the printable to help your kids memorize your phone number!

  • Fill in your phone number for your child and have them practice dialing the numbers on the keypad
  • Have your child fill in all the numbers and write their phone (if already memorized)
  • Fill in your phone number and cut the worksheet into several pieces creating a puzzle
  • Cut out all the numbers and have your child glue down the numbers in your phone number (you will have to print and cut out several since most phone numbers use repeated numbers)
  • Have your child dial the numbers that spell out their name!
  • Laminate the worksheet for repeated practice with a dry eraser maker. 

If you've recently moved or changed your phone number, this would be a fun way to present them with your new number! 


Click HERE to print a free iPhone worksheet of your own! 




2 comments:

  1. I love that you made this practice sheet. Elliot knows my phone number in case he needs to tell someone. But he doesn't know how to place a call. I have a lock on my phone, mostly because I lost it before and didnt want anyone accessing my apps/info. So I'm debating on taking it off now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! My kids know my password, but it's mainly because they wanted to get on there and play games ;)

      Delete